Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Thrifting

The BF and I are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year. It's the first year in all of my 30 years that my mom isn't making the food, but we volunteered anyway, just to give her a break. I hope the parents look forward to eating off old school hula girl plates because that's our primary set!

We decided to take a break from cleaning, to check out a couple of thrift stores in the area. Remember that MCM industrial chair I mentioned a few posts back? One chair sold, but the other was still there. Not only that, but it had a 25% off tag, making it less than $4. Considering I saw the exact same chair going for $100+ online, I couldn't pass it up.

I found a few pieces of Pyrex, including one I plan on using for dinner this week! It's the big Friendship pattern dish, with the original lid. I also grabbed a lime green pie plate from Pyrex that should work nice for sweet potatoes. I'll post some photos of those finds, plus my completely adorable vintage ice bucket soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment