Thursday, October 7, 2010

Welcome

After reading dozens of thrift/yard sale/flea market blogs, starting my own blog was a random thought in my head. I drag my boyfriend to several thrift stores every week and last week he finally looked at me and said, "Why don't you just start your own blog?" I kind of think he's sick of me telling him the same stories over and over again.

I probably come from a different background than some of the other bloggers. When I was 14, my dad had a heart attack and had to stop working for about six months. He started going to auctions and within a few months, he had more junk than he had room for. That led to flea markets and I got pulled along for the ride.

He now sells a lot of modern day collectibles and not a whole lot of older stuff, but that hasn't stopped me. I've been known to pull a U-turn in the middle of the room to run back to a flea market and I once filled my car at my first yard sale of the day.

Now that it's almost winter and in Ohio, you won't see me posting a whole lot from yard sales. I will keep hitting the thrift stores and indoor flea markets and hopefully I'll have a few things to show you. Don't be surprised if most of my stuff is fairly kitschy; it's just who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment